Post Surgical Intervention Massage Therapy is a medical treatment used to treat post operative conditions and to reduce scare tissue formation.
Techniques used in this treatment include:
- Myofascial Release
- Transverse Friction Massage
- Deep Transverse Friction Massage
- Therapeutic techniques (such as: Petrissage, Effleurage, Intermittent Pressure)
- Specialized techniques for reducing scar tissue formation
As surgery can be a traumatic process for some, it is important that Post Surgical Intervention massage therapy has a holistic approach which will assist in your recovery. This type of massage therapy can benefit your healing process after all surgical procedures, the most common of which are Knee, Hip, Shoulder and Abdominal surgery.
Benefits of this treatment include:
- Reduction of bruising and swelling
- Reducing scar tissue formation
- Improved mobility
- Improvement of emotional and psychological wellbeing